Consortium for AI, Security, Privacy and Robotics Research (“CASPRR”, “we” or “us”) serves as an exceptional hub for research dedicated to tackling the intricate challenges presented by AI within the domains of security, privacy, and ethics. CASPRR aims to lead in groundbreaking research, fostering innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence, all the while placing a strong emphasis on the responsible development and application of AI.CASPRR collects and processes personal data for providing efficient services to its users. We at CASPRR understand the importance of your (“visitors” or “You” or “learners”) privacy and are dedicated to securing your personal data.
Effective Date: 10th November 2023.
Information you provide to us:
We may collect identifiers that you choose to send to us or provide to us through the website, for example, you ask us to contact you concerning services we provide or register for the courses at CASPRR. We will maintain a record of our correspondence. Categories of personal data we may process about you are as follows:
• Email address
• Contact number
• Payment Details
• Job Title
• Company Name
• Any other information shared by you at your willingness
Information we automatically collect:
We will use the information we collect through our website:
- To administer our website, our events, and for internal operation, including troubleshooting, data analysis, and testing purposes.
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computing device.
- For trend monitoring and promotion of events, etc., and
- As part of our effort to keep the website secure.
We will use this information provided by you while you register for various city Chapters of CASPRR or their events:
- To communicate with you.
- To provide you with confirmations
- To provide you with all details about the events.
We will utilize the information you’ve provided when you access research materials published by CASPRR for the following purposes:
- To share research materials with you.
- To keep you informed about research updates.
We will utilize the information you’ve provided contact you for the following purposes:
- Marketing events, workshops, etc. including telemarketing calls.
- Send marketing emails about new initiatives that we believe may be of interest to you, including newsletters, educational materials, and details on upcoming events.
Our use of your personal information may be based on our legitimate interest to ensure network, information security, and business performance improvement. Our direct marketing purposes are based on user consent (for instance, when you share your information in the contact us section, agree to receive communications after an event, and so on). We may also rely on a legitimate interest to improve business and marketing practices or contact you to offer similar services that you might have bought from us or negotiated with us.
- Third Party Disclosure
We share and disclose information (including personal information) about our customers in the following limited circumstances:
Vendors, consultants, and other service providers:
- We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers whom we entrust to perform tasks on behalf of the CASPRR including website analytics companies. Third-party data may also be shared, insofar as reasonably necessary, with any other service used by our promotions.
- If CASPRR receives your personal information in the European Union and subsequently transfers that information to a third-party agent or service provider, it ensures that the third party processes your personal information to the standard required by the applicable privacy laws, including the GDPR. These transfers will be typically based on our legitimate interest or agreed upon in the contract.
Disclosures for national security and law enforcement:
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information in response to valid requests by public authorities. This may include, but are not limited to situations that require us:
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements;
- Disclosure for national security.
- Legitimate interest or legal obligation
Transfer of business:
If we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personal information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. We will ensure through the contract that a third party ensures the security of the data involved.
- Safeguarding Information
For how long do we store your personal information?
CASPRR will process and store your personal data only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes that the data was collected for.
How do we secure your data?
We use appropriate technical, organizational, and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- International Data Transfer
Personal information shared by you with us on the website may be sent to India and processed by us there or in other countries, on our service provider’s cloud servers. We will always take appropriate safeguards and protect your information under this Privacy Statement wherever it is processed.
The organization will inform third parties with whom personal data has been shared of any modification, withdrawal or objections pertaining to the personal data, and implement appropriate policies, procedures and/or mechanisms to do so.
- Information for Visitor based on Jurisdiction
- i) For Indian Users:
Your Rights under Digital Personal Data Protection Act (DPDPA) are:
- Right to access information
- Right to correction and erasure of personal data
- Right to grievance redressal
- Right to nominate individual for exercise of rights
- ii) For EEA (“European Economic Area”) Users:
Your Rights under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are:
1. Right to obtain information
2. Right to request personal data transfer
3. Right to correction and erasure
4. Right to restriction of processing
5. Right to stop processing
6. The right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling
- Use of Services by Minors
As mentioned above, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under the age of 18 may have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Updates to Privacy Statement
We’re constantly trying to improve our Websites and Services, so we may need to change this Privacy Statement from time to time as well. We will inform you regarding material changes, for example, placing a notice on our websites when we are required to do so by applicable law. You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the date at the bottom of this page. You are responsible for periodically reviewing this Privacy Statement
- Redressal & Contact Information
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is processed by CASPRR, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We at CASPRR respect the personal data and privacy of every user equally, irrespective of their jurisdiction. We promise to abide by this Privacy Statement and secure your privacy. For us, you all are equally valuable, and your trust is our asset. If you are unhappy about how a complaint has been handled by CASPRR, you have a right to complain directly to your local supervisory authority